This year absolutely flew by! I spent much of it being pregnant – or preparing to become pregnant and now that it’s behind me and I begin to welcome in a new decade, I’m dotting my Is and crossing my Ts to make sure my pantry is stocked to set me up for the healthiest year possible. In my opinion, there’s no better way to start a new decade than with a clean, organized kitchen and well-stocked healthy pantry.
For the past two years, I’ve relied on NOW Foods for all of my pantry staples like oils, whole grains and nuts. Not only do I trust them, but they also have a huge selection of organic health food products at affordable prices.
Below are the items I’m stocking in my healthy pantry:
- Brown Rice, for a fast dinner side made in the our rice cooker
- Tri-Color Quinoa, to use in salads and grain bowls
- Flax Seed Meal, a fiber-rich add-in for muffins and pancakes
- Chia Seeds, a long-time staple in my kitchen for smoothies, overnight oats and chia pudding
- Liquid Coconut Oil, convenient for baking
- Virgin Coconut Oil, perfect for sauteeing vegetebles or browning strips of tofu or tempeh
- Avocdo Oil, ideal for high-heat cooking or as a finishing drizzle on salads or steamed veggies
- Olive Oil, for basically everything
- Pecans, for snacking, baking and my favorite add-in for oatmeal
- Almonds, a high protein snack
- Rolled Oats, makes a warm, cozy breakfast porridge on cold days
- Quinoa Penne, a quick and healthy dinner option
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Mix, to have on-hand for parties, guests and “just because”
To end the year, I’m partnering with NOW Foods on a giveaway to help you stock your own pantry with these healthy staples! One person will win everything pictured in this post and listed above. It’s really easy to enter, just go to this post and follow the instructions. I’ll announce a winner on Friday, January 3.
Good luck and Happy New Year! ]]>