Ever need a grab and go breakfast? Like something that’s not a store-bought granola bar, because really, those are so not satisfying. January is National Oatmeal Month (so I’m told) so of course an oatmeal recipe is appropriate this week. Somewhere online I ran across this recipe for oatmeal cupcakes so I adapted it a little and ended up with these breakfast oatmeal muffins.
- 5 cups purely elizabeth ancient grain oatmeal or rolled oats
- 2 cups mashed banana or all-natural applesauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup + 3 Tbsp. coconut nectar
- 2/3 cup cacao nibs
- 2 1/3 cups water
- 1/4 cups coconut oil
- 2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- dash of cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 380 F and line muffin tins.
2. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, combine all wet ingredients plus banana or applesauce.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients until fully combined.
5. Pour the mixture into muffin tins and bake for about 20 minutes.
This recipe makes about a dozen and a half muffins. You can always freeze them to eat all week. Just take them out of the freezer the night before and you’ll have a healthy, satisfying breakfast in the a.m.